Search This Blog

Thursday 28 April 2016

Phrase of the Day - "It's on the tip of my tongue"























We use this expression when we are trying to remember a specific detail, such as a name or date, but we are struggling.

    For example: 

    Examiner:  Do you enjoy going to the cinema?

"Yes I'm a big fan of movies and I regularly go to my local cinema. The last film I saw was an action movie, it was called.....oh the name is on the tip of my tongue.....sorry I can't remember it exactly."

This is a natural phrase for use in the IELTS speaking exam (especially part 1 which focuses on personal information).

For expert help with IELTS speaking subscribe by sending your email :)


2 comments:

  1. Great blog April :) Lots of useful hints and tips to be had if you are studying for IELTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idaes and good teacher

    ReplyDelete